- A Good Eye
- Good with People
- Sense of Humor
About Talent Inc.
We’re growing fast and looking for talented, driven professionals to join our team and help revolutionize the career services industry.
Talent Inc. is dedicated to redefining how job seekers brand themselves to employers. Through our community of career experts, our brands — TopResume, TopCV, and TopInterview — help professionals tell the best version of their career story, enabling them to stand out from the crowd and land the right job, faster.
We’re committed to helping job seekers write the next chapter of their careers and we want to help write yours, too! We hire for growth and longevity because we value the happiness and well-being of our employees.
The Lead UX Copywriter reports directly to the Senior Director of Marketing. We’re looking for a Lead UX Copywriter who loves to write, has the ability to write for a variety of mediums, and understands how the power of words can help build trust with a brand. You’ll be creating copy for everything along the customer journey, from user interfaces through to marketing, and will own the copywriting process from initial concepts through production and implementation with a focus on A/B testing and optimization for achieving key business goals.
What you’ll do
- Shape brand voice and tone across entire customer experience. Ensure tactical execution to drive cohesive narratives across all digital touch points within the product experience.
- Write clear, concise user-interface text for products. Act as a subject matter expert and point of contact for user experience writing. Collaborate with the marketing, design, product, engineering, and sales teams to write for a range of formats.
- Draft and edit interface copy, blog content, email messages, and marketing copy. Edit, revise, and proofread content written by others.
- Collaborate with Design to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style.
- Organize and curate internal and external facing content so that it is easy to find and is up to date.
- Regularly assess your work, both qualitatively and quantitatively, to find opportunities to improve. Meet with end users to understand their needs. Review and analyze behavioral and performance data.
- Research, evaluate, and share best practices and industry standards for copywriting and communication.
Who you are
The right person for the job will meet the following job requirements:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or other related field.
- Have 4+ years online UX copywriting experience for a consumer product, including demonstrated experience UX copywriting for web and mobile user interfaces (UIs) including registration flows, landing pages, calls to action, micro copy, help text, email copy, ad copy, social media posts, SEO optimization, and blog articles.
- Have exceptional writing skills, grammar/style expertise, and high attention to detail. Passion for creating seamless user experiences. Strong UX skills and experience writing UX copy.
- Have a deep awareness of UX and how copy and design work together. Ability to ask probing questions and give/receive feedback in an iterative environment. Excellent sounding board; comfortable pointing out when a design could be better.
- Possess a proactive, ambitious mindset that chases measurable goals and solves problems. Comfortable making decisions with incomplete information, the grit to persevere through failures, and the confidence to share your mistakes.
- Have prior professional experience reviewing user research feedback and quantitative data to generate easy-to-understand copy and developing engaging content with a clear brand voice. Experience creating and evolving voice guidelines.
- Bring an existing process for managing and coordinating production timelines for parallel deadline-driven projects. Excellent organization, project management, and planning skills.
- Have a comprehensive copywriting portfolio showcasing examples of copywriting work across various mediums.
- Have passion and empathy for job seekers; you’ve been there and want to help others tell their career story and land the right job, faster.
- Have worked in a startup environment and have the ability to work through ambiguity and competing priorities.
What makes us different
- We operate with the agility of a startup, but have the stability of a well-established organization.
- We believe in work-life balance.
- We offer competitive pay + options.
At Talent, Inc. we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity, and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Talent, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Come join our team. Together we’ll help others tell their career stories and land their dream jobs.
Please send an introduction and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Lead UX Copywriter" — we look forward to hearing from you!
Not this role?
We're always looking for the right talent. Check out all of our other opportunities on our Careers Page.